Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Six Months Ago


We just had our six month post placement visit from the agency who completed our homestudy. Of course I was nervous before the gal got here, but it went smoothly and she could tell that Kamryn has adjusted and so have we! She asked us questions about Kamryn's eating & sleeping schedules, doctor visits, and generally just wanted to know if we think Kamryn is on track developmentally and we do! The boys were home for the visit too, so they talked about the trip and some of Kamryn's latest tricks. She then wanted to see the room where Kamryn sleeps. We had to have 6 pictures mounted on paper that will get sent back to China to the CCAA. It was hard to come up with the best photos, but in reality, I bet nobody in China really looks at the pictures anyway. I made sure that Kamryn was smiling big in all of the ones I used just in case.

I should have posted this sooner . . . last week Kamryn had her first official haircut! I took her to Clubhouse Cuts for Kids and they gave us a 1st Haircut Certificate and of course her first cut of hair to keep. She did pretty good during the cut. She moved around alot but she didn't cry like one boy I know did lots of times! (Brendan hated getting his hair cut!)

Some of Kamryn's newest tricks are actually doing somersaults! Now I just have to say the word somersault and she'll put her head and body down and actually somersault over. It's so cute. She surprised me the other day when I started singing "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider" and she actually did the motions with me! She got her 2nd molar and continues to love swinging on her swing.

Today we went to the pool for the first time, and all was well until she stumbled in the one foot deep baby pool and went face first into the water. She didn't want to go back in after that. She didn't like taking baths at first either but now loves them. So in time, probably by the end of summer, she will love the pool!

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Kamryn is just precious - absolutely beautiful. You're so blessed to have such a cute little girl. It sounds like things are going well ... I check out your blog frequently! Keep the updates coming, Julie!

Anonymous said...

Julie, Love the updates. Kam looks so happy and natural in your home. She just belongs there. How could the officials not be pleased. Save that snip of hair for her scrapbook. I can't wait to see all of you again.

Love to all of you,

Lin

Anonymous said...

Can't believe six months have gone by already. It's hard to picture life without this precious little girl.
Love, Grandma