Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kamryn's Family Day Project
















Kevin was out of town on Kami's family day, so instead of going out for Chinese that night, I decided to go to the store and pick up the great American meal fixings for dinner; burgers and fries. Matthew needed a pin cushion and needles for his family applied science class aka home ec (can you believe he'll probably be able to sew better than his mom) so I went to the Walmart Superstore to get everything all at once. While there in the sewing aisle, we spotted Little Mermaid fleece. Kamryn still loves the Little Mermaid, even had on her Little Mermaid tshirt that day, so I decided to buy some and make her a blanket. It would be our afternoon project. It's been years since I've made one, but since it's no-sew, I figured I could do it. We spent the afternoon watching the Little Mermaid with the fleece on the family room floor while I cut the little strips. I just hope she doesn't think it's okay to take scissors to it again or any other blanket for that matter.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blanket is cute! What a nice Family Day Project. From looking at the picture, you can tell she loves the blanket. Look at her with her brothers. You know for sure she loves them. Her eyes light up when they walk into the room.
Thanks for the pictures.
Love ya, Mom

AmyO said...

Such a cute blanket! My cousin made me 1 of those for Christmas 1 year & its so nice to cuddle up in :)