Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mommy to Three Now!



On Mother's Day, Kamryn turned 16 months old. She's been with our family for 5 months now, and I feel lucky to be a mom to three wonderful children this year. One of the best presents I got this year was a card from Brendan where he had filled in the blanks about me. The funniest one was "My mom is as tall as . . . a teenager" The one that I was most relieved and touched to see was "My mom always tells me . . . I love you."

Well, Kamryn knows how to meet her deadlines! She is officially walking 100% of the time now! Our goal was to have her walking by race weekend, and she's ahead of schedule. She looks so cute toddling around. Although now that she can walk, she doesn't want to sit still.

Gymboree is the perfect place for a wandering toddler. She just loves playing there. The boys had no school on a Gymboree day, so they came with us. They loved it more than Kamryn I think and actually thanked me for taking them with. The other moms were so impressed at how the boys doted on Kamryn and took care of her. I was a proud mom!




One of the playgroup moms and I decided to swap babysitting time, and it's been wonderful! The girls cry at first when their mommy leaves, but their crying time is down to 5 minutes or less. Usually some Cheerios or a fun DVD like the Laurie Berkner Band can stop the tears. Kamryn loves music and that DVD has been alot of fun for her.

We're waiting for this rainy week to end and want sunshine! I bought Kamryn a sand and water table for outside, and I'm excited to see her play with it. Lexi was over today, and the girls played with the sand side for a little bit. I've decided that Kamryn may still be on the young side for it since she tried to eat the sand and throw it more than really mold with it. It will be nice to have though as she grows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Can't believe she's been your girl for 5 months already, Time sure flies. I remember the waiting, till you saw her picture. Enjoy her toddlerhood. Before you know it she will be walking in high heels. The boys are such good big brothers. What great kids. Pretty super Mom & Dad too. Love the pictures, keep them coming. Love to all five of you. Lin

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun to read. I love the pictures you've posted. Yes, Matthew and Brendan are very attentive to Kamryn. You can see it in their eyes. They just love to help her and love her. Kamryn is such a sweet baby. Ooops, not a baby anymore. She is a big girl now that she can walk. There is not a corner in the house that she hasn't inspected.
Hugs to all!!
Love ya, Mom