Friday, August 18, 2006

A Day at the Fair


Kamryn went to her first Indiana State Fair on Thursday. I probably wouldn't have braved it on my own, but once we were there we met my friend Jeanette and Alice. I don't know why I even attempted to bring the stroller though because Kamryn wouldn't sit in it, and if Alice's daughter Jenny wasn't in it, I was carrying Kamryn and pushing the stroller! She can definitely be so stubborn at times. At lunchtime, Kamryn wanted the lid off her sippy cup. I gave in to avoid the tantrum, and she spilled water all over my lap. So then I walked around hoping to dry fast! The cutest part of the day was when Kamryn and I shared a yummy ear of corn on the cob. When she'd go to eat it, I would too on the opposite side and she thought that was funny. Hearing her giggle is music to my ears.

Kamryn loved seeing the baby ducklings and baby chicks but was very intimidated by the loud roosters! We happened to see a momma cow and her baby only one hour after giving birth. We saw the baby walk on wobbly legs. The day was great practice for Kamryn making her animal sounds. (She can moo, quack, and tries to oink)

As if a morning at the fair isn't enough for me, I went back that same evening with the boys. It was nice to walk through the fair without 21 pounds on my hip! The boys climbed a rock wall, played mini-golf and did some rides. Again, I got a little wet since I did the waterlog ride with them. It was a fun day!

No comments: