Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What a Difference a Week Makes


Didn't I say that Kamryn does not like the water? Well, she's made a liar out of me now. All of a sudden, she LOVES it! Last week the kids and I drove up to Chicago to spend time with family and friends. We went to the Naperville beach pool down by the Riverwalk and she absolutely had no fear and loved playing in the sand and water.

It was great seeing everyone, but you know how that saying goes, there's no place like home? Kamryn didn't sleep very well away from home so neither did I. I just noticed yesterday that she did get her first "pointy" tooth though so she may have been teething last week too. Plus, we didn't stay at one house too long so the moving around was a bit crazy.
Kamryn and her friend Lilly (from Korea) played great together! We've been friends with Tina and her family for many years now. We're friends, our boys are friends and now our daughters are friends too. I'm posting a picture of our younger boys when they were tots (they're the same age) and now a picture of them as older brothers with their new younger sisters. I'm also posting a picture of me and Tina from last year when she had a baby shower for Kamryn. Tina's my "helper" in that she forewarns me about the stages our kids will go through since her older son is one year older than Matthew and Lilly is one year older than Kamryn. She's special for lots of other reasons too;)






My friend Heather has three children. Her son is three and she has twin girls who are only one month older than Kamryn. Kamryn was in awe of the two of them since they are identical and especially when they tried to lift her dress and pull her bow out of her hair! As my friend Sue said, Kamryn was probably saying to herself, "hey get these clones away from me!" Wouldn't it be great to really know what goes through a toddler's head?

My sister snapped a picture of me with my niece and nephews and my gang. Look at baby Gavin! He's such a joy to be around since he so quiet and content. We laugh because he is only 5 months old and feels heavier than Kamryn. We had the extra joy of seeing my Aunt Bernice who is visiting my parents from Arizona.




All in all it was a great week, and we were glad to also see my friend Jeanne, Joanne, my first time momma friend Sherri and her new baby Emma, Marc, Cathy, Andrew, Jack and Maddie. Remember our doors are always open and everyone is always welcome here too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posting Julie. The pictures are great. Sounds like you have had a number of whirlwind weeks!! Love the pictures of the two boys as youngest siblings and then as older siblings. Great stuff. You are doing a fantastic job keeping all of us posted on the goings on of your very active family. It's soooo appreciated.

Love to all,

Lin