Saturday, February 03, 2007

Frozen in Chicago


BRRRR . . . It's downright nasty cold here. Good thing I am finally able to take a really hot shower. After we moved in, I told Kevin that the water wasn't hot enough so he adjusted the hot water heater to hot. That didn't do much in my opinion so I put that down on our 30 day punch list for the builder. Friday morning Jamie (who works for the builder) came by to go through the list and was able to adjust some valve in the showers allowing us to turn down the water heater to a more normal setting and get blasting hot water! Yea! Good timing!

Friday was Gavin's 1st birthday. Melanie and Todd had his first birthday party tonight (Saturday, although technically my posting says Sunday because it's after midnight now) and boy did he love his cake! I am posting a picture of Melanie (my sister) and Gavin before he got really messy. He is such a sweet boy.



Our friends, Tina and Greg, just celebrated their daughter Lilly's 2nd gotcha anniversary. I remember driving up from Carmel on day 2 so excited to meet her. Now it's so nice to be able to get together more often. Kamryn and Lilly really like each other and kiss and hug when they see each other.

I can't take my eyes off Kamryn for a second without her getting into something. She's been sick so one day she was watching tv in my bed. I ran to the laundry room, came back and burst into laughter. Here she was sitting with my glasses on! I only wear them only immediately right before bed and they were laying on my dresser. She's such a goof.

















Wishing we were in Florida this month, but we'll be going in June because Kevin's sister Kathleen is getting married then yea!!! We are so happy for her and Peter and look forward to the happy day. I am honored to be the maid (okay matron) of honor. Kamryn is going to be the flower girl. I don't know how she'll cooperate, but at least I've warned Kathleen not to expect perfection. This will be the happiest day of Kath's life regardless.

Keep warm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THOSE GLASSES ON KAMRYN!!!
Love, Mom


Best Wishes Kathleen and Peter!!!!
er