Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sending a Two Year Old to the Moon

Today I would like to. Great school's out but the drama is just beginning. Brendan came home yesterday and dropped his school stuff that he cleaned out of his desk onto the floor inbetween the dining room and hallway area. It still sat there this morning and while I was working on Matthew's birthday invitations, thinking that Kamryn was watching TV with the boys in the family room, she was going through Brendan's stuff.

I noticed marker on her leg. My heart skipped a beat, and I held my breath when I went to find the marker. I found it by Brendan's pile along with several abstract black marker drawings all over the wood floor. Okay, my house is normally Kamryn proofed. This pile was out of the ordinary, but she finds everything she shouldn't have! Brendan asked for a permanent marker the other day because his class was wearing their third grade field day t-shirts and they wanted to sign their names on them. I gave him one of those laundry marking pens.

I did not react well to the new art in my house. After losing it and trying a wet cloth and elbow grease with no luck, I probably should have taken a breather and made some calls or looked online to find out how to remove the marker stains the most effectively. My second thought though as I looked under my sink was to try the Mr. Clean white cleaning pads. That attempt worked at getting the black marks off the wood but it also took the shine and finish along with it.

I don't remember the boys getting into so much when they were two. Well, maybe. I remember that Matt got a hold of a pair of scissors at Mary Kay's house (when she babysat him) and he cut his coat pocket and a bit of her drapes I think. I only remember Brendan getting into the Cherrios box and dumping it out on the kitchen floor. She has them beat in the terrible two's department.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Yikes! I can just imagine the mess. I love,love,love my Mr Clean eraser! But that stinks you lost some of the finish. Oh my Kamryn...please make it up to mommy by being extra special sweet these next few days!! :)

Anonymous said...

Just think!!! This is only the beginning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just think, in a few years you will look back and actually laugh about these things. It's memories like this that never fade and carry many conversations through the years.

Val