Monday, June 04, 2007

School's Out!

I will be the first to admit that I am glad that the school year is over. It seems like it has been longer than usual probably due to the move and starting a new school. I still feel like an outsider at the new school (ha, and I don't actually go to school) but hopefully that will change next year.

When the boys came home from their last 1/2 day, we went to CiCi's pizza with the boys' friends, Nick and Jake and their parents. Yes, it's a CiCi's just like in Indiana! The kids love the pizza buffet and arcade games, but it is always crazy there. We went there last weekend too with our new friends Sue & Darah and their sweet girls both from China. They were troopers to endure the CiCi's experience. Not the best pizza in Chicago, but certainly kid friendly.

We just found out during this last week of school that the school here never received Matt's records from Indiana. So after many phone calls and faxes, we got it all straightened out and they determined that he will go into accelerated math next year. I'm glad because he would come home from school saying that he was helping other kids in his class during math. Instead of tutoring, I'd rather him be learning.

I helped out at the fifth grade party at school last Friday. It was a nice hot day so the kids enjoyed playing sports and doing different activities outside all afternoon. I can't believe I have a Jr. High student now! Matt is really looking forward to the Jr. High experience.

We spent all day Saturday at Lacrosse tournaments. Both boys really enjoyed playing this sport. Matt's team won the championship. Matt is the second boy in the first row in his team picture. Brendan is number 9 in the other picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both Matthew and Brendan for a great year in LaCrosse. I'm so glad that they enjoyed it. Have a great summer boys!!!!
Congratulations to Matthew for good work in math. Keep up the good work.

Love you both!!
Grandma