Monday, July 23, 2007

Oh No! The big 4-0!

Yep, it's here! And thanks to Melanie for these cute liquored chocolates (okay two are missing, the cheesecake one and the chocolitini) that have helped me get through the day! I am trying to think of this milestone birthday as a gift. It's truly a blessing that I have 3 wonderful children, a great husband, great family and friends and good health. But I still can't help thinking that oh-no, I haven't accomplished this or that. I just want to stop time sometimes . . . wouldn't that be nice?

Kevin surprised me with a very cool diamond watch, a Michele watch. I didn't know that they were so "in" but apparently his female reps have been talking about them. I guess that's one good thing about him working with women. I am no longer hip and do not know what's in except for Crocs and Hannah Montana but can still get hip presents!

We went to the Naperville Riverwalk today with Melanie and the kids and my mom and Aunt Bernice and had lunch with them. We then met Tina and her kiddos for ice cream. Yum, I got nice presents like chocolate, lotion and clothes . . . and got to talk to friends who were nice enough to not rub it in that I am getting older . . . isn't that what every girl wants?

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Egh - age is just a number, Julie! Happy belated birthday ... adorable pictures of Kamryn for the calendar. Hope she's a super star in it once again!!

Sue said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day! Can't wait to see your watch - I am out of the fashion scene as well. I think I'm finally over the stress and worry about hitting the big 4-0. A couple of good margaritas went a long way!!! (I'll make you a batch sometime!)

Sue :)