Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My baby boy is 11!



















Brendan hates when I call him that, my baby boy. But the way I see it, I don't have a middle child. I have my oldest boy, my baby boy and my baby girl. I have two babies:)

Brendan's birthday fell on a Friday this year (Jan.30), so it was a weekend of celebrations. Friday night we went to Aunt Melanie's for our birthday celebrations. The next Saturday, Kevin took Brendan and a few friends to Dave and Busters for lunch and some games.

















So do you think you can trust 5th graders with getting information home to their parents? If you thought no, you are right. Brendan passed out a few invitations to some boys in his class the week before the party. Three days before the party, I had only heard from one of the moms saying that her son was able to go. So out comes the school directory and I start making phone calls. Good thing or I would have had one very sad and disappointed birthday boy on my hands.

One of the boys "lost" his invitation and therefore kept forgetting to tell his mom about it. The other boy had his invitation still shoved in the bottom of his backpack and his mom had never seen it. I couldn't believe it. I don't mean to generalize, but I guess some boys are all just the same. I am constantly asking Brendan for stuff out of his backpack for this very reason. There was this other boy who's number wasn't listed in the school directory, so I resorted to whitep*ges.com and found someone listed with the same last name. Yes, I left a message on a females voice mail hoping I got the right boys' mom. (I got the right person but found out after the party so that boy did not come) I really wish everyone would join the PTO's so that I could find everybody in the directory; my life would be so much easier when the boys want a new friend to come over.
















I was really glad to hear one of the boys say later that this was such a great party! And with minimal work on my part except for the phone calls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again Brendan!
We enjoyed your party at Aunt Melanie's and I'm sure you had a good time there and at Dave and Busters. Can't wait till your next birthday. Have a great year!!
Love ya, Grandma

Sue said...

Awww!!! I think it is cool to have two babies! I know the Dave and Busters was a big hit - I bet the boys were all over the games and rides! Happy belated B'Day!