Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Cup of Tea
















Those of you who know me know that I do not drink coffee or tea. So what exactly is my cup of tea? Planning a little tea party for Kamryn and her playgroup friends!





























We get together most Fridays with our Chinese playgroup. I decided to host right after Kamryn's birthday and have a tea party in her honor.

It was so much fun! I think I had just as much fun the whole week prior just planning it out. It sure warmed my heart more than the weather was warm that week! At first I was just going to have a cake and ask our playgroup friends to sing to her; after all Kamryn is young enough to not really know the difference between a playgroup and a party right? But then in conversation with my sister, she mentioned, "you've been waiting a long time to plan a little girl's party." She had a point. Plus, soon enough Kamryn will probably want to go some place to have her party.

So I started making stuff for games like Pin the handle on the teapot and sheets for musical teapots. Planned on singing I'm a Little Teapot which we did at the end of the party with a few of our friends. The girls played a quick game of pass the hot teacup.



























The boas were out, the mini heart turkey sandwiches, scones and fruit were out and tea (pink lemonade) was served.










































The girls made a lacey paper fan and then kept busy by playing with legos! We passed out flower pens (which I made) and a homemade coloring book with tea party pictures inside. It was a very fun morning and lucky for us, we replayed the whole party when a friend stopped over in the afternoon.



























I can't believe she's four!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!!! Thank you for inviting me. It was so nice to see Kamryn and all of her little friends. The girls all get along to well. They really enjoyed everything at the party. Your work paid off! Notice I didn't say "hard" work. I know you enjoyed every minute of it. I'm already looking forward to Kamryn's 5th birthday!!!
I hope she remembers this day. You made it so special for her.
Love, Mom

Jeanette said...

Looks like such a fun girly day! Happy Birthday Kamryn!!!

Chris said...

Julie - you did SUCH a great job on Kamryn's party! Iris had a great time! I have thought about the party so many times since then as I am looking toward Iris's party - you definitely set the bar high! You've also inspired me!

2 China 4 Addison said...

Looks like you all had such a fun time. And WOW, you did an amazing job, you should be a party plannner! :)
I"m sorry we had to miss - again...
Miss you guys!

Julie said...

You did a beautiful job on the party Julie. I'm so sad I missed it, but Miss Rowan sure had fun.
thanks again!
Julie & Rowan

Kerry said...

You are party planner extrodinare!
And made Kami's fourth birthday very special for all the girls. She will remember it always.

She was smiling ear to ear! Happy Birthday sweet girl.

Sue said...

It was a SUPER time and you were so creative with all the activities!!! I didn't even realize until we were home later that you made the pens - they were terrific! A fun day for your super sweet, super smiley girl!