Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cupcake?

Before Christmas, Kamryn kept saying she wanted a cupcake for Christmas. I thought how easy is this? Well a few days before Christmas while we were watching "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" on TV, a commercial came on for some cupcake decorator thing. Kamryn got so excited and said that's what she wanted. A cupcake MAKER, not just a plain old cupcake. Aw shucks, I need to go back shopping!

At times like this, I notice her speech "delay" . . . she gets lazy and will try to just minimize what she has to say to get her point across. Ugh! At a time like this, it doesn't work to her advantage. Good thing I saw this commercial with her!

So I'm at Wal*art because it was a Wal*art commercial. I find the cupcake maker and decide it's way overpriced ($25) for some plastic thing that pushes frosting out onto cupcakes. I'm not getting it. I have a frosting decorating thing (see I don't even know kitchen tool lingo) that I've never even opened or used already at home. So I scour the aisles for something else. Low and behold, the perfect alternative and only $10.














It's a cupcake holding plastic cupcake tins, cupcakes, play boxes of frosting, a stick of butter. Close enough. Now will she be happy?


















Yes! Thank goodness!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Good call there Mom! Perfect and she will have loads of fun with that kind of cupcake.

Sometimes those gadets are more trouble than they are worth!

Her smile tells it all.

The Montieth Family said...

Julie-

Your new blog backround is fantastic...I like the pink and brown. Looks good!!

Kamryn looks so very adorable in all of the pictures! The cupcake is perfect. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for you. Kamryn loves her big cupcake. The first time I saw her after she received it, she kept bringing me more cupcakes to eat. She can't get enough of this oversized cupcake.
I'm glad you saw it Julie. Much better than the other gadget.
Mom