Monday, March 26, 2007

Catching up

Here are some pictures from last weekend when Alec visited. Kamryn was so happy to "talk" to Alec on her play cell phone. Have I mentioned how cute it is when she just babbles into her phone and then giggles? I'm sure I have. It sounds like she is babbling in Chinese. When she laughs it's the cutest thing because it's like someone really said something funny:)
















Last Friday Kevin took a day off work so I could go on a field trip with Brendan's class down to the Field Museum. I haven't been there in years and so it was nice to walk around even it meant keeping up with 4 third grade boys. We were all fascinated by the dinosaur "Sue" and the rocks and gems. The boys found their birthstones, and I couldn't take my eyes off the huge diamonds on display:) Brendan was so excited that I was going with him. I'm really glad I got a chance to do something with him at his new school because I know his enthusiasm for mom hanging around won't always be there.









It's my mom's birthday today (happy birthday mom!) Grandma had the pleasure of eating lunch with all six of her grandchildren today because the kids are on spring break. Gavin was sweeping food off the table, Kamryn was taking off her shoes and climbing under the table to Melanie . . . Matt, Brendan, Hunter and Lauren were good, but after two spilled drinks (yes, by my mom and Melanie) I was glad when lunch was over and that we had a peaceful, relaxing and fun Saturday night to celebrate the occasion too.

My mom is always helping us, especially with the kids, so Melanie and I treated her to a girls night out in honor of her birthday. Saturday night, Melanie, Lauren, mom and I went to dinner and then to the Peking Acrobat show at the theater in Aurora. I would have loved to take Kamryn to the show and will someday if they return. The Chinese acrobats are just amazing. It was nice to see a show like this that I'll remember since we all slept during the show in China due to jet lag.

No comments: