Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pets for St. Patrick's Day?

Okay, I finally broke down and agreed to let the boys get a pet. Brendan was really wanting one so we took a trip to a couple of pet stores and came home with two guinea pigs, Razor and Scooter. They are really pretty cute and if I don't look at their feet too long, I forget that they are rodents. They are displaying little personalities and the boys are really happy, so I just hope that they won't be allergic to them. I am getting somewhat attached to them already and it's only been a week:)

Today Matthew and I are driving halfway to Indiana to meet one of his friends and his mom and then we are bringing Alec home with us for the night. Kevin is planning on taking the boys to the Shamrox Lacrosse game tonight. Should be rocking since it's St. Patrick's Day! (they're the new Chicago Pro Lacrosse team)

Since Kevin is a big Soprano's fan, for his birthday I bought us tickets for The Soprano's Last Supper, an interactive spoof of the show at Angelo's restaurant. Well, we went on Friday night and it was fun! We were definitely the youngest in the crowd and had to laugh watching all these older women and men doing the Sopranos version of the Chicken Dance. (ask us to show you sometime) I had fun doing the mamba with Carmine Jr. and Bobby told me that he'd take care of Kevin so that I could become a Soprano. Janice was dancing with Kevin while Bobby was dancing with me, and the two of them kept chattering back and forth about how much distance to keep between dance partners. Pretty funny. The food was actually very, very good and hopefully we'll get back there sometime soon.

We got a little taste of spring a few days ago and wow was it nice! Heather and I went to our friend Jen's house and the kids were able to play outside without coats on. Notice in the picture, Kamryn is barefoot (always!) and always eating. At least when sandal weather is here to stay, I will have one less step to worry about whenever we leave the house or reach our destination in the car. I can't wait to ditch the socks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to welcome Razor and Scooter to the family. I'll have to admit, they are cute. Hopefully we will all enjoy them as much as we would a puppy!!!!
It sounds like you had a good time at dinner and all the "Seniors" gave you a good laugh!!!! You'll have to demonstrate for us!!!
It looks like Kamryn and the girls are going to have fun this summer. They're all so cute.
Thanks for the note and the pictures.
Looking forward to your next posting.
Love ya, Mom