Friday, August 17, 2007

Fun with Chicago Playgroup Friends





























When we moved back to the Chicago area, I did not waste any time joining the local FCC (Families with Chinese Children) group. After I joined, I discovered that there were two yahoo groups set up for the western suburb families; one is a monthly playgroup and one is a monthly book club/moms night out group. I joined both and enjoy them very much. We all have different aged children which is great especially because we can all help each other out. I got lots of great advice about the ear wax situation from moms who have been there done that. But it's also nice for Kamryn (& me) to get to know some of the girls around her same age better (& their moms:) so I found some 2-3 year olds & started a separate smaller little playgroup. We try to meet every week.

We get together at our houses mostly but this summer we've gone to the Glen Ellyn Splash Park and the Riverwalk Park downtown Naperville. Here are some pictures of Kamryn with her new little friends. (ignore the incorrect date on the one picture. Grandma just changed her batteries and thats what happens. I like that my mom can come to playgroup too!)

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Hi Julie,
Looks like the girls were having a wonderful time. Love the photos.
Hugs,
Kerry and Grace Malinger

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my day with the play group. I have to make sure to come more often.
Thanks for a fun day.
Love ya, Mom

Sue said...

It's been so great getting to meet w/ you,Kamryn and all the other moms. I am so glad that you set this group up!!! The photos are very sweet too. Glad to know that Kamryn enjoys speech and it is wonderful to hear her saying new words!!!