Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kamryn's First Stitches

Ugh! It happened. The kids and I were coming home from dinner out (hubby out of town) and I parked the van in the garage like always, and got out and walked around the van to Kamryn's side like always, and when I opened her door, she literally rolled out and landed flat on her back on the garage floor. I didn't know what happened until there she was staring up at me crying. It happened so fast and so unexpectedly that I didn't have time to catch her.

Brendan unbuckled her and apparently she was leaning on the door. I thought she was crying because she got the wind knocked out of her or from hitting the back of her head on the floor. I picked her up, and then we saw the blood running down her face.

She must have clipped the bottom of the door or something sticking out from the door because she had this puncture spot to the side of her left eye which was bleeding. I settled her down a bit, cleaned her wound and then we headed back into the van to go to urgent care. Poor girl. I was so hoping they could "glue" the wound but since it was circular, the doctor thought he should stitch it. Just one or two. What a lot to go through, the whole papoose thing because she was completely hysterical and quite strong for a little munchkin, the shot of novacaine, and two and half hours there all for just one or two baby stitches.

Our new rule, even though I know Brendan was just trying to help, is that no one unbuckles her unless you are standing by her open door and ready to grab her!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh, Julie. So sorry- that is just awful for you and Kamryn. Poor Pumpkin! You must be completely exhausted from the whole ordeal. It is so hard to see our babies hurt- and stiches must have been terrible to watch. Here's hoping for a better day.
Hugs,
Kerry

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. I just want to get to her to give her a big hug. It must have hurt so much. I know Mommy and Brendan and Matthew hurt too. It's bad to see the baby crying. Just keep giving her a lot of TLC. I know she will love that and forget this whole experience.
Love, Mom