Thursday, August 23, 2007

Matt's off for Jr. High!












































I can't believe I just sent Matthew off for Jr. High this morning! I can't believe he needs to get up at 6:30 to catch a 7 am bus since school starts at 7:30. He was a bit nervous, and I can understand that. Heck, I went to the same school K-8th so I don't even know what it's like to go to a separate Jr. High. Plus, he still doesn't really know a lot of kids, so I bet he'd feel better if he'd recognize more boys in the hallways and his classes. On Monday we had Locker Day at school so we went to drop off his school supplies and he practiced his locker combination and found all his classrooms. Not staying in one classroom will be fun for him I told him. He came home that night and made a copy of the school map and his schedule and he highlighted all his rooms and taped his schedule to the bottom of the map. He is SO organized!

I used to take pictures of the boys on their first day of school, but I asked Matt if he was too old for that this morning and he said yes. (boo hoo) No such luck with Brendan either. I just took that first picture of Matt a couple of nights ago so that's as close as I'm going to get.

When we moved to Carmel, Brendan was still in preschool. So on his first day of kindergarten, I got his picture getting on the bus. The pictures below are of the boys their first fall day of school in Carmel (K & 2nd grade) and then them again in fall of 05 when Brendan was going into 2nd and Matt was going into 4th grade.

Well, both boys had a good first day. Matt said it was fun, and Brendan seemed in good spirits too even though he got home later than normal due to a tornado warning (so the school kept the kids longer rather than sending them home on the buses in bad weather.) The happy moods were probably because there was no homework given tonight. Let the fun begin.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Awwww...what adorable photos from their years gone by. I'm sure the first week will be nerve wracking for Matt as he learns the new routine of getting to different parts of the building and what to take for each class. Hopefully both boys will have a fantastic school year!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Matthew is in Jr. High. I know he will do well. He always does. Best wishes to both boys in 2007-2008.

Love ya, Mom