Tuesday, October 09, 2007

This treat isn't helping their teeth


While shopping one day, I saw this Rice Krispie kit in the store and decided it might be fun for the kids to make. It was fun for them especially because it was messy. I didn't know if the boys were beyond this type of activity but they really got into it. I guess I need to get them more involved in the kitchen cooking real meals so they can impress the girls some day or heck just even make dinner once in a while to give me a break sometime! Now I'm dreaming. The kids had more fun making these funny faces, and Matt is the only one who ate it. The others got thrown out. (this took place after our Chinese dinner on our referral anniversary and they all were so due for baths/showers and clean hair! excuse them please:)

Matthew recently lost his last baby tooth. I didn't even realize he had one more in that mouth of his, but it cracked in half and he lost part of it in Indiana. So the other half finally fell out. He was planning on putting it under his pillow for the tooth fairy but he literally lost it somewhere in his room (oh great.) So he wrote this nice note for the tooth fairy which started something like this: (beware parents of small children)

Dear Tooth Fairy (aka mom),

blahblahblahblahblah - really he described how he lost it, but this was the funny part:

Since it is my last baby tooth, I am hoping to get more money than usual.

Oh my goodness, he is such a negotiator at the young age of 12!

So here our 12 year old is almost done getting all of his adult teeth while our 2.5 year old is still teething! Poor girl has been waking some nights crying, and after checking her mouth, I noticed that her 2 yr molars are just coming in.

It will be a long while I think before the tooth fairy makes deposits under her pillow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Rice Krispy Squares are cute. Keep the boys working in the kitchen. They will make good chefs one day. All they need is practice.
Thanks for the picture!!
Love ya, Mom