Friday, October 05, 2007

It was 2 years ago today

that I was anxiously waiting for the most exciting Fedex package ever. Our daughter's picture was being delivered. When I saw the truck turn down our street, I turned into a screaming excited lunatic and nearly attacked the poor driver as he was coming up to the house. I took the time to explain to him why I was so excited and why I wanted to take his picture, then I went into the house and Kevin and I opened the package together. My body was literally shaking as we were soon to find out which child God had chosen for us. I remember this day like it was yesterday. Just like I remember the days when I found out I was pregnant with the boys, this day of getting our referral pictures was the same kind of exhilaration. We were no longer paper pregnant, but actually had a specific child waiting for us. I remember having friends over that night who shared our excitement. We were on cloud nine.



















Kamryn then















Kamryn now

Looking back at her paperwork, I notice that it stated that she was active and obstinate. Hmm, funny how I didn't pay attention to those characteristics then but keyed into the fact that she loved to play with dolls. They were really right on about her though.

Today we played with friends and tonight the family went out for Chinese. The waitress commented at the end of the meal, "She's very active." We chuckled, and said, "Oh yes, she is." She doesn't sit still at all. I remember while in China our guides making that same comment. I guess this is my payback for having such calm boys. She definitely spices things up.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was sure a happy day for all of us. The joy of knowing that you were indeed going to be getting a little girl put all of us on a "high". Funny thing, isn't it? We're still on that "high", with little Kamryn. She has so much love in that little heart and we have so much to give her. She is always ready for a hug and a kiss. She is sure a pleasure and I thank God every day for her and our other five grandchildren.
We all look forward to every day, just wondering what Kamryn is going to do today.
Hugs and Kisses!!
Mom

Sue said...

Oh My!!! I can just picture how crazy happy you were that day! And those absolutely adorable referral photos must have been in your hands every day til you got Kamryn! Those cheeks are just too chubby-licious!!

And yup...those ayis sure did get that personality correct. Did they also say she is super sweet and loves to say HI? ;)

Kerry said...

Julie,
This is such a happy memorable time for you and your family. Kamryn is so beautiful and we absolutely loved seeing her referral pictures. Such an adorable baby. Hard to imagine that your little peanut once had chubby cheeks. So cute.
Enjoy. Love,
Kerry

Julie said...

Thanks everybody!

xoxo,

Julie

Chrissie said...

Look at those chubby cheeks! I always remember her being the most adorable baby - and she still is such a beautiful toddler.

You're so blessed...