Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The boys are done with sports now









I just have to brag about the boys for a bit. They finished up their fall lacrosse season this past weekend, and they both played great. I am a tad surprised that Brendan is sticking with a sport, and I'm very happy about it. They both enjoy it!




This is Matt's room of course!




We recently had Brendan's bedroom painted. It was long overdue since Matt's room was painted in the spring. I had good intentions of doing Brendan's room this summer, but he chose such a dark color so I kept putting it off. Nothing, not even time, would change his mind. (stubborn boy;) So I finally caved and agreed to his color of Palm leaf (I think that was the name.) He wanted a Pirates of the Caribbean theme in his room and the comforter is this army/olive green and yellowish cream.

He has a pitched ceiling (I guess that's what you call it with the angled wall before the flat ceiling?) and again we didn't quite agree on where to stop the green . . . all the way up to the flat ceiling (which would be painted white) or at the first slant of the wall. When the painter came out to give me the estimate, I asked his opinion. His opinion was to do what Brendan wanted since it is his room in the house that is totally his. Hmm, that's true. Such words of wisdom from a grandfather and quite right.













The jack-and-jill bathroom separating Brendan and Kamryn's room was painted a tea light yellow color which I matched to Brendan's comforter. It is a nice yellow and will go nicely with whatever color we decide to paint Kamryn's room someday. I did buy a new fun "kid-friendly" shower curtain to go in the bathroom . . . a bunch of monkeys. Pretty appropriate for our little monkey taking baths in there, and well Brendan doesn't care much about the bathroom but I told him that pirates often come across monkeys when they go ashore;)

I have to admit, his room looks great! We rearranged the furniture and the room looks so much bigger. He was sitting on his bed with this happy grin and told me, "thanks mom, I appreciate this!" It was so nice to hear, but I felt a twinge of guilt for not doing it sooner. He never complained about his room not getting done, but boy he feels like a million bucks now because it is done and done exactly the way he wanted it. Now to just add the finishing touches like a window valance and a few cool decorations if he'll let me:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the boys for doing so well in LaCrosse this fall. I'm sorry that I didn't get to more games. I think I only made two of them. They really got in between all of the boys and fought for their team. They both did a great job.

Brendan's room looks great. He made a good choice with that color. I can't wait to see the new valance and more pictures on the walls. He won't want to leave the room. I can't blame him. Good job Brendan.

Love, Mom

Kerry said...

Julie,
The boys' rooms look great. It is nice for everyone to have that special place all of their own. And your guys will love retreating to their rooms. Great colors.
Nice that they expressed appreciation. You have terrific kiddos.
Kerry

Sue said...

Wow! The room looks so great! How sweet that he was so happy in his new room and told you so. I agree w/ Kerry - your boys are terrific! And my decorating-savvy friend told us that you should paint the slant and then a lighter color all the way at the top to make the room look taller. Can't wait to see how Kam's room turns out - I know you have the perfect magic touch!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Brendan's room looks awesome! I think the color he picked is perfect!