Friday, November 02, 2007

My Precious Panda and Scary Boys





































The boys totally rejected any "funny" Halloween costume ideas and opted for scary again this year. Matt actually tried on a banana costume in the store but was so embarrassed by it that he was actually blushing until he got it off. Brendan's school had a Halloween parade and to tell you the truth, I've kinda missed them. In Indiana, the school's didn't do Halloween parades and the kids weren't allowed at all to wear their costumes to school. They did "fall parties" instead. So Kamryn and I braved the wind and somewhat cold weather to wait for Brendan's class (the last one) to come by in their costumes.

I've had Kamryn's costume for weeks since I ordered it on the internet. It is adorable, so soft and cuddly and of course very girly. She has not been interested in it at all so I was pleasantly surprised that she even put it on. (The costume included a pink tutu that she wouldn't put on, but that's okay.) Once Kamryn went around to a few houses and got candy, something clicked in her head. She wanted to continue trick or treating! It was cute to hear her say trick or treat and then thank you after getting candy. I went to a few houses with her, but since I am a wimp in the cold, we headed back home fairly early. My parents, aunt, and sister and her kids came over so I cooked up the adults a yummy treat . . . homemade chili with lots of vegetables that really could win a chili cook-off! (I can say that because it is so good, and I got the recipe online:) It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun day for the kids, but Grandma enjoyed it too! Living in an adult community for so many years, I've missed out on the trick or treaters. I enjoyed seeing them. The boys and Kami were so cute too. The boys enjoyed scaring everyone. Kami sure enjoyed all the treats. Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Bernice sure enjoyed dinner, The special added treat was when Melanie came in with Hunter and Lauren. Their costumes were so scary. Too bad the kids are growing up so fast. It won't be long and the boys will not want to dress in costume. We'll enjoy them while we can.
Looking forward to next year. Wonder what they will be?
Thanks for the pictures.
Mom

Sue said...

What a cute costume!!! Love the little pink bow on it! Glad Kamryn had a great time!