Friday, November 23, 2007

The bug . . .










hit our house, well at least Kamryn, poor girl. I went in her room Thanksgiving morning and she was laying next to her crib slats and just said, "look" and pointed to yucky stuff you spit out when you have the flu. She was so calm and just laying there! We have never seen Kamryn with this kind of bug in the almost two years she's been with us. She was fine all Thanksgiving day except before bed when it happened again. When I went to bed, I prayed that if she needed me during the night and didn't cry, God would wake me up or the angels would come get me (something I pray a lot especially with only one good hearing ear and asthmatic boys. Since I can't hear out of my left ear, I usually sleep on my right side and it's oh so quiet;)

Well I woke up at 2 am, was wide awake and went to check on her. As I was bending down by her crib, she got sick. How weird is that timing? God answers even the littlest prayers in the middle of the night. Again, she really didn't cry, so I put her in the tub for a quick cleaning. Sweet girl kept getting sick for the next hour and a half and at one point said bad girl. I quickly reassured her that she was not bad but that she was sick and couldn't help it.

I'm still so amazed at her calmness through it all and wonder if she ever got the flu type of sick that first eleven months without us. Did she get sick in her crib in the orphanage or while she was living in foster care? It's a question that quickly crossed my mind last night. If so, I hope she was tended to quickly and that someone loved on her.

I'm sure God keeps a watch on all the little babies waiting for their mommas just as He watches our little ones in their beds just down the hallway. I'm so thankful for that and so honored to be Kamryn's mom. I feel lucky that I am her mom and the one able to give her that TLC when she's not feeling well.

5 comments:

Russ & Becki Carlson said...

Praying Kamryn feels better soon. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so thankful these girls are home with their forever families...
give that girl a hug for me!
Becki

Sue said...

Awww. Hope she is feeling better now. That is so sad that she was laying there so quietly....and sad that she thought she was bad! You are right....God did listen to your request so that you'd be there when she needed you. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Kamryn. What a night. Good thing Mom was there. Mommy takes such good care. Kamryn recovered quickly too. On Saturday she was a doll. You'd never know she didn't feel well a couple of days before. It must have been that TLC she received.
Give her a hug for me.
Love ya, Mom

Kerry said...

Julie,
I am so sorry to hear that Kamryn was not well. I hope she is getting better and your house stays healthy over the holidays.
Hugs,
Kerry

Julie said...

Thanks everyone, so far no one else has caught that type of bug. Kamryn is feeling better although now I have a sore throat . . . or maybe it's just lack of sleep.