Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving . . .

We had a great Thanksgiving Day with my parents and Aunt. They came over, and I had a chance to "find" some kitchen stuff. It's like playing hide and seek when you move into a new home, put things away and then have to find them again when you go to use them for the first time. Heck, it's been 11 months since I've seen some of this kitchen stuff. Pretty sad I know to say that I don't cook big meals enough to find the electric knife or the gravy boat, the big roasting pans and the butter dish more easily. All in all, we found things relatively easily, and we enjoyed a nice meal.

Here are 10 things I'm most thankful for this year:

1.) That our family has been healthy this year.
2.) That my friends with cancer (in the past) are doing great now and staying healthy.
3.) That Matt and Brendan are doing great in school and getting more comfortable in their new surroundings. Still praying that Brendan makes that one special friend.
4.) That we are living closer to our family and Kamryn is getting to know her cousins and aunts and uncles better and spend more time with her grandparents. We have even be able to see her grandparents living in Florida a few times this year!
5.) That Kevin's sister is now happily married:)
6.) That we've been able to stay in touch with our "Carmel" friends as much as we have.
7.) That we are able to reconnect with our "old" friends living here while making such great new friends too.
8.) That we have found a church that we will likely call home.
9.) That we found a church preschool for Kamryn to attend.
10) That we are working on improving Kamryn's speech, and I have heard her say I love you for the first time this year.

No comments: