Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We got a new van!















Well, okay, we got it over a month ago, but it's still new, and I still don't know how to use all the wonderful new "features" it has. Pretty sad I know, but who has time to sit in their parked vehicle in the driveway with the manual?! I need to make the time though seriously because I am not using the van to it's fullest extent!

I think I can download my IPOD to the van's hard drive and even download pictures to the screen because I see a picture prompt when I'm pressing buttons. It has a navigation system which I don't know how to use. It also has 2 tv screens, one for the second row and one for the third row and supposedly can be showing different things at the same time; either satellite tv (Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, or Nick) or a movie.

It's the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country. The one that is advertised as family room or bedroom . . . one could practically live in it. It's very cool for a mini-van. Pretty high tech and definitely more than we need. But hey, we usually hang onto our cars for a very long time and drive them to the almost 100,000 mile mark. Plus, dear friends of ours (Hi Debbie & Bill) graciously offered us their employee discount voucher, so why not. That doesn't happen every day!

It will make road trips easier with the three kids, and I'm loving that the boys can watch something different from Kamryn if we ever figure it out. They all have headphones too so I don't have to listen to what they are listening too. There are times when I tell them no media at all so we can talk, and I usually get disgruntled noises in my ear . . . at first.

As often as we are in the van trying to get through traffic around here, it really is our "second home" and we are loving it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!! I've been in your traffic a time or two and I think it's a marvelous purchase!

I see Kam approves too. Cute picture. Keep them coming.

Love,

Lin

Sue said...

Sounds like such a sweet ride!!! And yup, I'm sure you will save yourself some grey hairs with the dual tv systems!!!