Sunday, September 30, 2007

Finding Nemo on Ice















Kamryn and I shared a girls afternoon on Saturday with my friend Kris and her daughter Sophie. We went to the United Center to see the Disney on Ice performance of Finding Nemo. The girls really enjoyed it. It was fun to see them ooh and ah over the skating fish. It really helped that Kamryn has seen this movie before so she knew the characters. I was really amazed at the costumes and all the props. They really know how to do it right.

Kris and I spared no expense for this outing. The girls came home with lots of Nemo stuff to help remember the day. They got the official program that came with a coloring book and shark hat, a professional picture of the two of them for the fridge, and a light up Nemo toy, even after we found out that was $20. Yikes, there was no turning back, the girls had to have them. Kamryn enjoyed a $4.00 little box of popcorn but at least she didn't whine much when I said no to the $10 bag of cotton candy! At the end of the day, she was happy enough to just carry her bag of loot.
















I tried to videotape a little bit, but it was too dark and it really didn't turn out that great. It is cute though to hear Kamryn saying, (yes talking!) "time for school, time for school" in the beginning of the performance when Nemo goes to school. It's cute to see her clap too. I'm learning how to download videos onto the blog so maybe I will try to get it on here sometime soon.

Speaking of school, she did great this morning getting out of the car! No tears, no scared look just happy and ready to play.

It was nice for the boys to have time with dad on Saturday. The three of them picked up Kris' two boys and they went to play laser tag and video games. When we got home to Kris' house, her son Steven was ready to go to the homecoming dance. We took some pictures and of course Kamryn had to get in a few. She just loves the attention from the boys! It's funny how she really smiles when she's in a picture with Steven and when I try to get her to smile for a picture, she doesn't really cooperate.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Sorry but I have a random question that will answer a debate between a friend and I. Do the characters in the ice show actually sing or is it pre-recorded? Thanks a lot and sorry for the unusual question!

Brandy said...

Hi, sorry for the unusual comment, but this will solve a debate between a friend and me. In the Nemo on ice show, do the characters actually sing or is it pre-recorded? Thanks a lot and sorry for the unusual request?

Julie said...

Hi Brandy,

I believe it is pre-recorded. I know someone who has a friend in the new Disney on Ice, High School Musical, and they said it is so hard to move on the ice and lip sync. Hope this helps.

Julie