Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My little blessing started Little Blessings
















Kamryn started going to a mom's day out program on Mondays at Little Blessings Preschool at a local church. The first day I walked her in, she cried horribly when I left. The second week she had a yucky nose so although we went to drop off snacks since we were on snack duty, she didn't stay. She did however reach for the teacher and wanted to be held by her that day for a minute. Yesterday I dropped her off via the car drop off line and when the woman came to the car to get her, she looked so so sad. She wanted to cry but she held it in. I felt so guilty for leaving her. When I picked her up, the ladies said she did great and on her little report card in her backpack was circled these three words: cheerful, content, vocal. Ha! I know about the vocal part! Even though she doesn't really talk words and sentences so much, she is always making noise of some sort, whether it's whining (most of the time lately), singing or just loud babble. Mondays from 9-1:30 is my little time for peace and quiet and my power hours to get things done. The guilt didn't last long on Monday . . . moms need "me" time too and as much as I love my little blessing, those four and half hours are a weekly treasured blessing too.

(see, she's still cheerful that night right before bed!)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Julie,
Kamryn looks so big in her chair. You do need your "me" time and you deserve it. Whenever I feel guilty leaving Rowan I just remember she gets to be with me all the time since I'm a stay at home mom and I deserve a little "me" time too.
Julie

Kerry said...

Well said, Julie. Hard to be at our best if we don't a little time for ourselves. Kamryn is doing great. I know how you feel- it is so hard to leave them, especially when they are upset.
Hugs,
Kerry

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Kamryn is back in "school" again. It's good for both of you. Don't feel guilty. She's having fun during those hours.
Enjoy your time alone.
Mom

Sue said...

Glad to hear that progress has been made and that Kamryn will do fine at the program! And yes, definitely - you need "your" time (although, doing housework doesn't really count as down time, does it?) It's an important time apart for both of you!