Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ivy Ling Arrived Today!

Ivy Ling is one of the newest dolls from American Girl. I've always wondered why they didn't have an Asian American Girl, so I'm glad they do now! Kamryn loves her bitty baby and hopefully she will love Ivy just as much when she is older. I was thinking of giving it to her for Christmas, but now I think I'll wait until she is old enough to understand the whole American Girl thing. Of course I had to order the Chinese New Year outfit too and Ivy's accessories which includes a Chinese coin.

Ivy Ling is the other new doll's best friend, who just happens to be named Julie. Kinda funny . . . Julie and Ivy Ling . . . Kamryn's surname in China was Ling. These are the 70's girls. It's funny to look at Julie's toys in the catalog and think wow, I remember that! Like the Barbie styling head or the tie dye record case which I swear I had the same one in pink, or the Brady Bunch poster.

I think I'm going to have more fun playing with Ivy than Kamryn some day. I may just have to get Julie at some point too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kamryn and Mommy and Grandma are going to have a good time playing with the dolls. I'll have to bring over my doll Kit!!

Kerry said...

Hi Julie,
We got ours too! She is beautiful isn't she. I plan to save it for Grace until she can read the stories herself. It is about time that American girl produced a Chinese American Doll! I so hope that the girls like them as much as we do!
Hugs,
Kerry