Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shopping, haircut, and carving a pumpkin

Kamryn and I were shopping one day at Children's place and she picked out this outfit all by herself. Even the headband. Which she wore to school on her head but when I picked her up, it was hanging around her neck and looked more like a scarf.
















Hmph. She does not like stuff in her hair. I struggle to keep any bows, clips or anything on her head. Luckily I've trained her to now at least hand them to me when she takes them off so that they do not get lost.

I stopped by my hair salon last Thursday after I picked Kamryn up from school just for a free quick bang trim for me. As we were sitting there waiting for my stylist, out bee-bops this adorable little Chinese girl with the cutest hair cut ever. After exchanging phone numbers with her mom (we love to make new friends!), I made an appointment for Kamryn for that next Saturday with my stylist.

So goodbye long hair . . .



















We didn't go as short as the other girl we saw because Kamryn has a colic in the back of her head and Colette (my hair stylist) was afraid if we layered it too much, it would make a big hole in the back of her head.
















I won't ever get her hair to look as good as Colette did. I think the trick is in the blow drying of the hair. I have such a hard time styling it while blowing drying it . . . I need three hands. Kamryn has never let me blow dry her hair either. But she sat okay for Colette. We'll see if we ever find the time or the patience to do this at home.
















She was all stylin' and we stayed home that night. Brendan and Kamryn helped Kevin carve a pumpkin. Scary of course to go with our new wreath.




5 comments:

Chris said...

I LOVE Kamryn's haircut!!!! ADORABLE!! We've been growing Iris's bangs out (it's taking forever) so I haven't had her hair cut in a while, but over the weekend I was considering having it cut hoping it will help the bangs appear longer (!) I think you've inspired me to do it!
Kamryn seems to be growing up so much!

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin is really scary. I'll bet Brendan loves it.
It'll scare all the kids that come Trick or Treating!!!

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh, Julie! I had to catch my breath when I saw Kamryn's cut. It's absolutely beautiful, and it makes her look so grown up (kind of makes me a little sad). Such a pretty girl.

Kerry said...

Kamryn is stylin! Love her new look- it really flatters her and hangs lovely.

Beautiful. She is looking like such a big girl now.

Hugs!

Sue said...

Ooohhhh...LOVE it!! I think so many people love the long hair, but there are some children where short or mid length are exactly the best cut. And Kami's is one! Very flattering hairstyle!

Love the pumpkin! Very well done! And you get an A for the wreath!