Sunday, September 10, 2006

Impromptu Visit





This weekend, my mom and Aunt Bernice came down for an impromptu visit. It was a nice surprise to see them! After checking the newspaper for "things to do" this weekend, we decided to check out the Elk Farm festivities in Atlanta, IN on Saturday morning. We all went on a hayride, the boys did a corn maze and we all saw the huge Elk. We ate popcorn but passed on the Elk burgers. It was fun!

Grandma and Great Aunt Bernice ended up babysitting then so Kevin and I could quickly run to a furniture store to purchase a new kitchen table set. Well, 3 hours later with nothing purchased, we came home! You would think that it would have been a simple task, especially since I spent all last weekend doing the prep work and visiting every furniture store in the Indy area to narrow down our choices. Needless to say, everyone was tired Saturday night. My brain was mush, and Grandma and Aunt Bernice were pooped after spending the afternoon with Kamryn.

Kamryn was extra energetic and crazy this weekend because she's on an oral steriod to kick this inflammation thing going on due to some nasty virus she's been fighting all week. Last Sunday her temp read 105.6 at 3 o'clock in the morning! I was ready to go to the ER, but we managed to bring the temp down somewhat until I could page the doctor on Monday morning (since it was the holiday). We finally ended up in his office on Thursday. Now the rest of us are feeling under the weather too, so I'm sure it is viral and we've caught the same bug.

Actually, I'm feeling a little blue too with many others I'm sure as September 11th shows up on my calendar. My friends husband was in a play about Sept.11th (which I saw) plus the boys and I have been watching the specials on the Discovery Channel. It is just so sad to hear everyone's stories. These were real people with real lives and it could be any of us at any time. Check out this
  • website on Monday to read the stories written by 2,996 volunteer bloggers to commemorate the each of the lives of the 9/11 victims.
  • No comments: