Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day


Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!

Last Thursday, Kamryn and I road tripped to Carmel, IN to see my friend Carol who recently became a new mom again to her fourth little one, Logan. It was a quick trip but well worth it to see them. Lindsey is a now a big sister and loving it. Garrett and Vincent seem to love having a new brother to train. Logan seemed so little, and Kamryn suddenly seemed so much bigger to me. I came to the realization that Kamryn is almost at the age that Matthew was (2-1/2) when we had Brendan. Oh my, Matt was moving into a big boy bed so we could use the crib for Brendan. I surely hope that Kamryn stays in the (same) crib until she turns three or four! Our bedtime routine is finally getting easy and moving into a bed would complicate things:)

This is the first Mother's Day in four years that I could be with my mom without one of us making a road trip! The first year we lived in Indy, we tried to find a restaurant halfway that we could meet at. We found one with a brunch near Lake Shafer, IN that sounded great on the phone and online but when we got there, it was just this little place that was just so-so. We never did try to meet halfway after that. This year, we barbecued at our house. The boys made me their own Mother's Day cards and gave me a box of dark chocolates. The day was very sweet indeed.


No comments: