Wednesday, May 02, 2007

When a mom is too busy . . .

This is how I caught Kamryn walking around the house . . . pajamas, boots on the wrong feet and her backpack . . . while I was trying to clean out the basement and bring up my extra inventory that I have left from my Home Interiors and Gifts business venture. After 8 years of doing that, I've decided to call it quits, so I am having a "going out of business" sale this coming weekend.

Besides that, we got our home office built-ins installed last week so I am trying to find a home for everything and clean out our files. Hmm, a little too much to do with running to Lacrosse practice and dodgeball twice a week. At least Kamryn can entertain herself somewhat by dressing up! I still have to keep my eye on her though because I found her upstairs by Razor's cage with the door open. That's all I need is a loose guinea pig in the house.

Speaking of guinea pigs, I am fearful (the boys are hopeful) that Scooter, the other guinea pig is maybe having a mini pig. Yep, I think she might be pregnant. She seems to be getting really fat and after careful examination several times of Razor, we think he is a boy even though the pet store said they were all girls. They've never been together at our house except for "playtime" and there were times I had to shoe Razor away from Scooter, if you know what I mean. But I guess it doesn't take much for a guinea pig to get pregnant. Next week I'll take Scooter to a vet. That is unless she goes into labor before then, probably during my open house.
Kevin's dad & Dianne were in town last weekend for cousin Maddie's First Communion. We were glad that they stayed at our house. Grandma Dianne played cards with the boys ever spare moment and came to Chinese baby playgroup with Kamryn and I on Friday. Yes, I scoured the FCC group lists for girls around Kamryn's age and formed our own little two year old playgroup. We are happy to be meeting these wonderful new friends.


The boys keep themselves entertained most of the time too. With empty boxes in the basement, they got creative one day and made these box costumes. Too bad it's not closer to Halloween. They will be destroyed way before then.

Enjoy the pictures! I'll post pictures of our office next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Keep them coming!!!
Love ya, Mom