Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring,









yes, it's a baseball game day.

It seems like most of the boy's games have been on rainy, cloudy or very cold and windy days. I really do enjoy watching the boys play baseball, but it's more fun on a hot sunny day. We haven't had one hot sunny day during a ball game yet.

The first Saturday of this month was particularly gray and dreary and rain was in the forecast. I thought surely the game would be canceled so I decided selfishly that Kamryn and I would attend playgroup instead of going to Brendan's game that morning. Matt came with us. We all had fun inside Airtastic while Kevin and my mom were at Brendan's game that was NOT canceled . . . sitting in the cold and drizzling rain.

Talk about GUILT.

Matt's game was at 1 pm. We went to the game with our blankets and umbrellas. Kamryn thought it was fun. I thought it was miserable. And my mom sat through that game too! Four hours outside on a cruddy day. What a Grandma! She always puts others before herself and is doing nice things for other people. And not just for family.

The least I could do on Mother's Day was prepare an easy dinner for her, my dad and Aunt B since I have the best mom ever. I am so thankful that we are living close to each other again. It makes it so much easier to spend more time together.

Of course, by the time the nicer, warmer days come, baseball will be over. I guess then we will just have to find something else outside to do . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAaaawwwwwww, you're so sweet. Watching those games are great entertainment. I like to go to as many as I can. I agree with you tho, a nice dry sunny day would be better. We do forget about the weather, tho, when we see our boys make a great play. Both of the boys are doing great this year. Keep up the good work Matt and Bren! I'm looking forward to next season.
Love ya, Mom