Thursday, May 08, 2008

Painted Nails















Yes, it's a habit of mine. Getting my nails done. But I have to do it in order to stop an even more terrible bad habit of mine. Biting my nails. My mom says it all started when I went to preschool. I've tried everything to stop over my many many years, but it's something that I just can't stop . . . unless I get my nails done. So I pay for pretty nails.

On a day when her daddy and brothers were home, I don't know what came over me, but I decided to bring Kamryn with me to the nail salon. The woman asked if Kamryn could have her nails done too so I said yes. Picture this. (Oh, and she wore her princess shoes and carried in her own purse, too cute.) Kamryn looked adorable with her petite little body sitting in the chair, princess shoes dangling off her feet with her arms spread out so the lady could work on her nails. I wish I had brought my camera. She did great letting her nails dry by the fan. She even had little flowers painted on her thumb nails.

She was done way before I was done. Of course, that's when the challenge began. She got antsy. She followed the sweet lady to her next customer who was getting a pedicure. She watched for a bit. Then she'd come over by me for a bit. Then she started wandering to the open door of the salon and out she went. My hand is being worked on and all I could do is yell at her. Of course she wanted nothing to do with the toys in her purse.

Anyway, I'm not bringing her for a very long time. Especially because she is a nail biter too and she scraped off with her teeth all the pretty polish. Isn't that weird though. She hasn't seen me bite my nails because I can't and she is already starting the same bad habit. When she's old enough, I look forward to going back to the salon with her.

2 comments:

2 China 4 Addison said...

Julie, I can just picture you sitting in the chair, yelling for Kamryn to come back! How funny! I guess you'll have to stick to home manicures for her for awhile! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. I can just see you running after her. Yes, I think maybe you'll have to wait a while before you take her back.
WARNING!!! Don't let her find any polish you might have in the house. She might try to give herself a manicure on the white carpet!!! YIKES!!!
Good luck!!! Mom