Thursday, May 22, 2008

My heart is aching

I can't even imagine what the Chapman family is going through. I am so saddened by the news of the death of their youngest daughter. I have talked to Kevin and the boys about this and they are also sad. We are all praying for their family.

Here is a link to an article about the tragedy.

article


My friend Heather recently shared this link which shows a video of his song Cinderella. At the end of the music, there is a clip of him talking about what inspired him to write this song. Please listen to the end.

Cinderella song


Hug your kids tight and remember to live in the moment.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Just so so tragic. How devastating for the family and especially for the child. I know they are receiving many prayers from the adoption community.

Kristen said...

I only knew of the Chapmans thru Steven's music and thru their organization, but I feel so saddened by this tragedy - like I personally knew them. I know he's touched a lot of us in the adoption community. I found out about Maria's death while reading the paper on the train this morning. I just wanted to race home and hug my Emily! My heart goes out to their entire family - they need strength not only to get thru Maria's death, but also to deal with the terrible circumstances.

Julie said...

Julie,
I just watched the youtube about his song. It is just so ironic. My heart just aches for them. I cannot imagine losing any of my children and especially through a tragedy like this. I pray for their son that he can forgive himself and get through this.