Tuesday, July 29, 2008

FTIA Picnic 2008

Every July, FTIA, our adoption agency, always has a big reunion picnic. It was great the first summer home with Kamryn when we lived in Indy because we only had to travel about 10 minutes away from home to get to the park. This was our third picnic, and now it's a good excuse to get back to Carmel to see our friends.

It was a terribly hot day the Saturday of the picnic. Kamryn enjoyed the carousel ride this year and the boys were able to play mini-golf. One of the highlights for me (other than seeing how big the girls are getting) is shopping the booths that vendors have set up. The gal from Scrap-N-Tell.com is always there and she has the best supply of adoption related scrap booking stuff. This time I bought two albums so that I can maybe try to copy what Linda did and make each of the boys their own travel book. The covers are red with black Chinese characters on it. Of course I forgot to get some stuff so I am planning to order from her soon. If anyone wants to tag onto my order so we get free shipping, let me know! If you happen to order yourself, let her know I referred you and I'll get a little gift certificate;)

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We love our agency picnic and seeing friends old and new.

And so nice that you have vendors there. I have purchased several times from Scrap and Tell. Lots of wonderful items and I love the ideas on her website.

I will look and see if a purchase is in order!