Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Life in Six Words

I've been tagged by my friend Sue to describe my life right now in six words.

Party Planner - My parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary party was at our house. I planned every detail of the party to make it memorable for our parents. (and it was memorable! A separate post about the party coming soon!) They didn't renew their wedding vows, but other than that, it was like an actual wedding reception. There were gorgeous flowers on the tables, a special corsage and boutonniere, music playing from the 50's, golden tablecloths, golden wrapped silverware, golden balloons, a memory book for guests to write a note, golden picture frames adorned with crystal hearts showcasing their wedding picture and also a recent picture from Lake Geneva, homemade food (just like their wedding), golden sparkling wine for a toast and gold organza bags with customized fortune cookies as favors. I also splurged and ordered customized gold and white m&m's with their name and wedding date on them. My sister and I also put together a musical picture slide show of pictures throughout their 50 years together.

Decorating Crazy - Okay, it's one of my passions and actually an obsession. I LOVE to decorate my home. I used to sell Home Interiors & Gifts for 8 years which I stopped doing when we moved back to IL. Just recently when I was getting a quote on window blinds/treatments, I was told by a decorator that I should start my own business. It was such a huge compliment coming from her and was nice to hear. Anyway, the one big project that I recently finished and didn't post pictures of yet is Kamryn's bedroom/playroom. It's adorable. Pictures coming soon.

Blessed - Blessed beyond belief to have good health, a wonderful husband, three really good kids, a great family-immediate and extended, and friends-old, new and reacquainted ones! in my life.

Mom - It's the biggest job and best job that I have right now. With the boys being older and Kamryn being three, it sometimes can be a challenge to keep them all happy. We've been having a great summer though and keeping them all happy!

Nurse/worry wart/hand holder/hugger - No, not a licensed nurse. But I feel like a nurse none the less. Matt had a "mole" removed earlier in the summer (easy), Kamryn had her surgery (not as easy) and Brendan actually has one coming up in August too to remove a birthmark from his leg. It will be pretty intense since it's a pretty big nevus on the back of his thigh. (hopefully not too hard) I hate when my children are under anesthesia, that's the worry wart part. But I do like to hold their hands (the boys who are too old to cuddle) and hug on them. Kamryn is so good at cuddling, until she says "that's enough mommy."

Hectic - But fun . . . but it's been nonstop. I really need more whitespace on my calendar:) But then I will be looking for things to do. Why is that? This afternoon we stayed around the house and the boys found two little frogs out in the street while they were pulling weeds. Brendan was complaining about his chore but then was so happy he was out there.
















I am supposed to tag 5 other people, but I think many of my blogger friends have been tagged already. If you are reading this and haven't been tagged, consider this your tag. Go ahead and try to describe your life right now in 6 words. Even if you don't blog, think about it.

3 comments:

2 China 4 Addison said...

um, Julie....I think that was more than six words! :)
still loved hearing from you, though!

Julie said...

Great words you chose Julie. We miss you and are looking forward to getting together soon. Give Kamryn big hugs and we can't wait to see her new room.

Sue said...

Hmmmmm... I think future careers could be in decorating, party planning, or nursing! You definitely have the knack for decorating and I may need to hire you to help finish up our kitchen!!