Monday, July 28, 2008

Start Your Engines!












The same weekend as my parents' party were the Nascar Races at the Joliet Speedway. My Aunt Linda is a HUGE Nascar fan to put things mildly and since she was coming in for the party, we treated her to the nights at the races as a kind of a thank you for all of her hard work doing our China travel scrapbook.

I was able to go with Kevin, Brendan and Linda to the Friday night race. It was more fun for me to see Linda's reaction to the whole event and especially Jeff Gordon's trailer of stuff. She's a huge #24 fan! Jeff wasn't racing that night, but we did get there in time to watch him practice for Saturday night's race.

Linda rented us these cool screens and headphones to keep tabs on the stats and listen to whichever car we wanted to. Since I was a bit busy on Saturday preparing for the party, Matt went to the Saturday race with them instead. (Matt is not into racing as much as Kevin and Brendan) They were able to leave at noon on Saturday and spend all day at the track. I was told they all had a great time. Kevin was able to text a message to Linda on the Sprint scoreboard in the infield. Pretty cool for her to see her name out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And what a dream come true it was!! I'll never be able to thank you guys enough. It was awesome. I know Kev and the boys enjoyed it too. We spent a long time at the track and the boys were sooooo good. Thanks again, so very much,
Love, Lin

p.s. Pretty clever way to get out of working on Saturday too, right!!