Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Greatest Fortune Ever is a Love as Good as Gold

































It was a "golden" day. The sun was shining, and we were surrounded by family members from both my mom and dad's side of the family. My Aunt, Uncle and cousin from Virginia drove in to be here, my Aunt drove in from Omaha, my Aunt and Uncle drove down from Wisconsin and we had cousins drive in from Indy, Bloomington and Rockford and a bunch of other towns . . . everyone was together from aunts and uncles to cousins and their kids. What a celebration it was! Thanks to everyone who came to make it so special.

Here's the wedding party 50 years later!















Isn't it amazing that the wedding party could celebrate together? How cool is that!


Thanks to our designated photographers of the day, Ginny and Linda:) we have a great collection of photos that captured the day.







































A special thanks to my cousin Teri who helped me bake, set up, and clean up and for entertaining Kamryn with homemade play-doh the day before the party. The kids didn't need help being entertained during the party because my sister and I rented one of those big bouncy playhouses and set up lots of outdoor games. Honestly, I don't think I saw the kids much at all during the party. Kamryn tuckered out and took a short hour nap starting at . . . yes, gulp . . . 6 pm that night.















It was a sweet day . . .
















At the end of the night, we even got my dad and Aunt Ginny to dance to "their" Glenn Miller song, In the Mood. My sister and I always enjoyed watching them dance at family weddings. My mom says at all the parties they would dance while she and my uncle would sit and have a drink:)

Too bad we can't have this big of a family reunion every year! We honored my parent's marriage and reminisced about years gone by. Boy, how they seem to be flying by faster and faster . . . maybe we'll have another party when they hit 60 years together!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day; what a wonderful gift to your parents!! Can I put you in my rolodex under "Party Planner"?

Sue said...

Wow!!! What an undertaking! Sounds like it all went well and what a wonderful celebration!

Will keep your dad + uncle in my prayers. Hope they are doing better.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful anniversary we had!!! Thanks to our two wonderful daughters!!! Thanks a million to both of you.
Love ya, Mom

Melanie said...

Great pix! Don't you just want to publish all the pictures we took that day? There are so many good ones! It was a wonderful party!! One I'm sure none of us will ever forget!!