Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Smiling because we had visitors!



















We were lucky to see some of our Indiana friends over break. Our friends Karen and Marc along with their daughter Tess came by the day after Christmas. It was cute to see Tess and Kamryn play together and to hear Tess talking so much. I recently got my haircut shorter than I have ever had it in over 24 years, and Tess seemed to notice. When she saw me, she said, "you lost your hair."
















After New Year's, Delilah and Marc came up for a few days and brought along Julia & Sarah too. We love to have visitors, and it was great to fill those last few days of winter break with friends and fun instead of the usual, "I am bored" syndrome. Even with the frigid cold temperatures and snowy backyard, the older kiddos bundled up and went outside to play football. It felt like old times to have a backyard full of happy kids. After the next afternoon of bowling, they still wanted to brave the sled hills so out they went again. How come kids don't seem to mind the cold like I do? Kamryn enjoyed her TWO times going down the hill; Matt said she said wee all the way down. But that's all I could manage to stand outside and witness after keeping her cooped up in the van for 15 minutes while the older kids sled without her. (It was only 18 degrees out I think) Of course I was too cold to take out the camera too, and now I'm sorry I don't have a picture of them all bundled up.














Delilah and I talked a lot about China and are anticipating the day when her baby's referral comes. Their log in date is Jan. 04, 06 and they are still waiting. She is starting to collect fabric squares for her daughter's 100 good wishes quilt so we went to a quilting shop. I found some really fun fortune cookie fabric for my square, now I need to write the wish. If anyone is interested in contributing to her quilt, please let me know and I'll get you the specifics. We're looking forward to getting down to Indiana in the near future to help Delilah with her packing!

No comments: