Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!
















Today is Kevin's birthday. We celebrated over the weekend by going out to dinner on Friday night and then cooking a steak dinner at home Saturday night with an ice cream cake for dessert. Kamryn was funny because she finally understood that it wasn't still her birthday but that it was daddy's birthday.

We won't talk numbers, but can you believe I also celebrated Kevin's 19th birthday and every one thereafter with him too? Yikes! I remember it well, finally being old enough to go to the bars at U of I. What an accomplishment it was! And then to officially turn 21 and be able to go to any bar we wanted. (Now we don't even drink) At age 24 we were married and at age 28 we were living in our second home already (we're now in house 5) and having our first child. We essentially have grown up together, and I'm so glad that I can say he is still my best friend. I'm proud that he likes his job and does it well, and that he is a great daddy too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Kevin, again! I won't mention the year either, but my goodness how time flies. I remember the first day that we met Kevin down at U of I. We've had so many good years together. Now we look forward to another one.
Have a good year Kevin!!
Love ya, Mom