Thursday, February 28, 2008

I've been tagged!

My friend Sue (Josie and Brynn's mom) tagged me. That means I should reveal 7 random things here that many of you out in blog land may not know about me. The rules are to list the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my seven random things:

1. I ran track in HS for one year. I ran the mile and always came in last but always finished. I think I embarrassed my parents with this one:) The following years I was in the more "athletic" ha ha sport of pom pons. Funny thing is that I actually tried out for the Illinettes freshman year of college. Don't know what I was thinking, but heck, I wasn't afraid to try . . . and fail.

2. I wish I could sing. But I can't. When I am alone in the car (rarely), I like to belt it out like I could.

3. I love to go to the movies. Lately, it's been more kid movies, but I really like seeing a good chic flick and eating one of the following: buttered popcorn, twizzlers or Snocaps since I LOVE dark chocolate.

4. I was almost attacked by a bat while watching a Dracula movie at my friend Kim's house in Wisconsin! Remember that Kim? I was visiting her one summer (I don't remember how old we were but I don't think we could drive yet) and we were watching this movie in the dark and we noticed something flying above us. We thought her bird got out of his cage. No! It was a bat! So her dad stuck us in a closet until he got a net and caught it. I remember it vividly.

5. My sister and I were adopted. And total opposites. She's tall, I'm short. She has blue eyes, I have brown eyes. She had blond hair growing up, I had brown. Now, we both color our hair and actually have a pretty similar color:) Growing up we would get comments like, "you're sisters?" We also have 6 adopted cousins.

6. I don't drink coffee or tea. (love Diet coke) My caffeine jolt in the morning comes from my shower. I always have to take a shower first thing every morning because it's what wakes me up.

7. I used to work in the advertising world before kids and well, when Matt was little, I worked part-time in the city at an ad agency. College jobs included Arby's (one day!) and then being a nanny for Charlotte. Her parents were both professors. In the summers I would work the night shift at the Jewel HQ bakery pushing hot dog buns into those plastic bags. The only perk about that job was getting to swipe a loaf of hot bread off the conveyor belt and dipping it in butter for a midnight snack! (Oh and the great tan I had from coming home and sleeping by the pool all day. Great, I probably have sun damage)

I am tagging:

Julie
Becki
Melanie
Megan
Chrissie
Andrea

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for being a good sport and posting your 7 "little known facts"! Hmmm... I like the bat story - though it must've been rather scary at the time!

Melanie said...

Well if dipping warm bread into hot butter for a midnight snack is your only vice that's not so bad! Hee hee :0) You can view my answers on "knillsnook"