Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Can you tell I'm so excited too?

My friend Delilah and her husband finally got their referral from China! Oh, what an exciting time for them and their son Mark. They have been waiting for 2-1/2 years for this moment. Monday they finally laid eyes on the little girl meant to be in their family.

I met Delilah while we lived in Carmel. She lives in the same subdivision we did, and Mark and Matt are in the same grade. While we were waiting for Kamryn, another neighbor of ours had mentioned to me that she thought Delilah was interested in adopting too. So when I saw Delilah at a volunteer school luncheon, I made sure that when we talked, I mentioned our adoption. (not hard to do!)

When she asked what job I was going to do next year for the PTO I answered, "Nothing, because I will be busy with our little girl from China." I actually thought she had heard through the grapevine that we were adopting but she hadn't, so of course she was interested to hear all about it. I was interested to hear where they were in their process. At that point, they had already filled out an adoption agency application but never did any of the paperwork. They kinda put it on hold. I could see in her eyes the same feelings I had in my heart. A longing and love for a little person not known to us yet.

Delilah and Brad decided to move forward with their adoption and actually switched agencies to FTIA, the same agency we used. I was paper pregnant while she was doing her paperwork. We became very fast friends. Delilah (and many other friends and family of course) lovingly and anxiously welcomed Kamryn when we returned home from China on Dec. 21, 2005.

Delilah's LID (log in date in China) was Jan. 4, 2006.

We waited 7 months from our LID for our referral.

We thought Delilah would wait 7 months.

We thought wow, our girls could actually be the same age and of course they will be friends.

But things really slowed down in China. So 26 months later, it is with huge happy hearts that we rejoice with our dear friends for finally seeing this one picture of the little girl we've all been waiting and praying for. They've been anxiously waiting for their daughter and sister; we've been anxiously waiting with them for Kamryn's new friend.

I about fell over when Delilah called me with her referral news and said that Mary Grace's surname is Ling. NO WAY! is all I could say before the tears welled up in my eyes. That means that Mary Grace is from the SAME EXACT orphanage as Kamryn! All the orphanages name the girls, and the surname is usually the same for all children in that particular orphanage. Kamryn's Chinese name was Ling Yong Ruo. Mary Grace's Chinese name is Ling Cha Pei. Not only will they be friends, but they are orphanage sisters too. What an extra-special bond for the girls. What an extraordinary God thing!

Isn't she just so beautiful! She turns one on April 6th, 2008. They hope to travel in May and will have a website on www.myadoptionwebsite.com
I can't wait to re-live our trip through them; and can't wait to welcome this sweet girl home!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Hooray!!! How exciting! How awesome that MG + K are from the same SWI! And how much more special since your story and your sweet personality helped revive their thoughts of adoption. Here's to a speedy TA!

Julie said...

Thanks Sue for the sweet comment. I really believe it's all God's timing, and I am honored that I was part of His plan to nudge Delilah!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to their whole family, including their little one! It's got to feel so special that you had something to do with this little miracle. Way to go Julie! I hope the time flies by and they get Mary Grace in their arms soon.

Love,

Lin

Anonymous said...

I was so happy when you called me about the Knapp's!! I'm also so very anxious to go down to Carmel to see this baby that we've all been waiting for! Like you said Julie, it's like reliving Kamryn's homecoming. We're all so excited!!
Can't wait till they get back.
Love,Mom

2 China 4 Addison said...

Congratulations to your friend Delilah. Mary Grace is Adorable!!

Kerry said...

Oh Julie,
She is such an adorable baby and how very special that she and Kamryn are from the same SWI. You will be such a great help to your friend in the coming months and the girls will be forever sisters. It is such an amazing blessing.
Please send our warmest wishes and keep us posted on their journey.
Hugs,
Kerry