Saturday, March 15, 2008

Still getting use from this
































This table and chair and cabinet have been around a long, long time! They used to be my grandma's - my mom said it was probably bought somewhere between 1906-1910. So my grandma played with it, then of course my mom played with it. I wonder if her three sisters played with it too? My grandpa put a new piece of wood on the tabletop sometime. I played with it, I'm sure Melanie played with it. That's me in the bottom picture at two years old. Now Kamryn is playing with it!

Kevin, Matt and I all took turns sanding the cabinet. It had layers and layers of paint on it and looked a little beat up. We then repainted the cabinet white to match Kamryn's dresser, put new plexi-glass in the doors and bought new knobs. I still would like to maybe stencil polka-dots or something on the table and maybe put Kamryn's initial on the chair. I'll probably wait until we decorate her room to see what colors actually get painted on the walls. Hopefully this spring we will do her room.

She loves playing with it! It's perfect for her! Thanks Mel for giving us the cabinet. (I got the table and had repainted it before Kamryn home, Melanie got the cabinet but Lauren and Gavin are not really into playing with it) So the cabinet is the new addition, and I really appreciate my sister sharing it with us so that Kamryn can enjoy it. It is a nice addition to her play kitchen.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Too Cute! You were soooo cute- OMG! I'm glad Kami can use it and someday her kids will play with it! ~Mel

Julie said...

Julie,
How sweet to have such a beautiful family heirloom to share with Kamryn.

Sue said...

Awww. The furniture is terrific! How cool that it is being passed down and enjoyed from one little girl to the next! The cabinet is really nice - well done re-do!

Kerry said...

What a wonderful treasure to have for Kamyrn. So many stories to tell. I bet that table has seen lots and lots of tea parties.

And you were a cute little one!
Hugs,
Kerry