Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Catching my breath

It's been a whirlwind around here. Easter, and then spring break, and now cling on Kamryn.

Easter was nice. We went to church at our new satellite church location in Plainfield - it's one of those multi-site churches. Kamryn loves going. Actually even the boys don't complain about going to the kids classes. That's something to celebrate in itself;) For Easter dinner we went to my parent's house. The kids love hanging with their cousins, and this Easter they got to see even a few "second" cousins as my cousin Jennifer and her family drove up from Fishers, IN. (they just moved there from AZ; too bad they weren't that close while we lived in Carmel!) It was the first time Kamryn met them and she seemed a bit shy at first until I explained to her that Jen is my cousin like Lauren is Kamryn's cousin. They bonded immediately after that.
















I had a very sweet pink dress picked out for Kamryn to wear on Easter, but she had other ideas. The Easter bunny left her a new outfit for her bitty baby and a matching dress for her to wear. She immediately wanted to put that on and then didn't take it off. It is so cute so I didn't mind at all.


































Kevin and I took the kids up to CocoKey, an indoor water park in Arlington Heights inside the Sheraton hotel, for an overnight adventure. What an adventure it was! What were we thinking doing this while many other towns had their spring break too! It was so crazy crowded, but the kids still had a great time. Kamryn loved the water but didn't like spending the night in the hotel room. She wouldn't fall asleep and kept saying, "I want to go to Kami's house." It made for a sleepless night for us all, but mostly me.












































My mom's birthday was the day we came home from the water park. I had the entire family over including my aunt and uncle and cousin who were in visiting from Virginia along with more cousins for a little birthday party. My cousin Jen even surprised everyone and drove up from Indiana again and spent the night here.
















The boys and I continued our little spring break getaways by driving to Indiana Saturday for an overnight with my friend Delilah. I helped Delilah shop and start packing for her upcoming China trip. It was nice to get out to dinner at Abuelo's (one of my favorite restaurants that isn't in Chicago yet!) with Delilah, Carol and my playgroup friends who helped shower Delilah with gifts and much talk about China. I hope we didn't overwhelm her! Delilah is the one with the radiant, excited glow on her face, second from the left.
















I drove down my Aunt B so she could visit my cousin Jen and her family. Funny how I haven't seen Jen for at least 3 years and now I have seen her 3 times in the last week. We all went to church together at Northview so she could check it out. (our previous church in Carmel) They seemed to love it and will probably continue to go there! We loved it too and miss it.

When I talked to Kamryn on the phone on Sunday just before leaving to come home, she told me "mommy I miss you." It was so sweet and so sad at the same time. I think this was the longest I've been away from her. My mom has kept her overnight a couple of times but I haven't been away for two full days. It's no wonder really that she has been cling on Kamryn since I've been home. I was glad she had no "school" on Monday morning so we didn't need to get up and out.

Kamryn and Daddy had a little adventure of their own Saturday night. Some people he works with were at a dinner presentation and their slide show memory stick was corrupt. He and Kamryn had to drive downtown Chicago with his working memory stick. He said she loved looking at the buildings and driving through the one building and under all the roads and trains. I guess suburban driving is not as exciting. Fine by me!

Here are more pictures from Easter time.











3 comments:

2 China 4 Addison said...

Wow, Julie, I was wondering where you've been! You have been BUSY! I love all the new pics. Kamryn looks so pretty in the purple dress, I might have to look for that one! :)
Hope to see you soon.
B.

Julie said...

We've missed you guys and can't wait to see you on Saturday.
xoxo
Julie

Kerry said...

So great hearing what you have been up to. Sounds like a fun packed Spring break. Love Kamryn and baby's dresses. Don't tell me you made them- I don't need anymore mommy guilt! :) Beautiful in purple.
Hugs.