Sunday, April 06, 2008

Bye Bye Ray-Ray








As you may remember, in March of 2007 the boys got pet guinea pigs. Matt's unfortunately died after a pregnancy gone bad. Brendan's has remained well and active but Brendan decided a while ago that he didn't want it anymore. He didn't want him in his bedroom so his little piggie moved into my master bath. Yes, right up there by the whirlpool tub that no one has ever used. I took care of Ray. Fed him fresh veggies, cleaned his cage, pet him. I kinda bonded with the little rodent. I talked to him all the time. He used to squeak when I came in the room, and when I was getting ready in the morning, he used to jump around with joy or else lay down so contently.

I am allergic to him though. I started thinking about taking him to the pet stores that would put him up for adoption, but I just couldn't bring myself to doing it. Lucky for me, my sister was talking about it to her mother-in-law and her MIL's eyes lit up. She is an animal lover and said that she would take him.

So my sister came for him Saturday morning and Kamryn and I said goodbye to our little furry friend. All weekend Kamryn has been saying that she misses Ray-Ray. I kinda do too. It seems so strangely quiet in my bathroom and now I have no one to talk to when I am in there:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Ray Ray needs a sister to keep him company, and our Guinea Pig Lucky would love to be the one.

Or if you and Kamryn really miss him, Lucky would love to come live in your bathroom!

I would even drive her there!

Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you miss Ray-Ray. You gave him a good home. Do know that Dawn will take good care of him. She will even give you updates on him. Just think of all the extra time you have now, not having to clean up after him. If you need a "pet fix" go to Melanie's to visit Coby. She's always ready to play. :o))
Mom