Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Check out these other blogs!

I so remember the night before we left for China. Getting the last items in the suitcases, picking up stuff around the house, videotaping Kamryn's empty room with anticipation to be back home with her in it. My friend Delilah and her family leave tomorrow for China. Please be sure to check out their webpage on www.myadoptionwebsite.com - Journey to Mary Grace.

I have another friend from our FCC Chicago group who is also leaving tomorrow with her family. Their blog address is Our Suzhou Princess.


And yet, I have one more to share. A friend of mine through our adoption agency is an amazing momma to 5 kids; two bio and three adopted. Her and four of her friends were in Chicago (up from Indy) for a girls weekend away last weekend and unfortunately were victims in that accident where the semi truck plowed full speed into the bus station and CTA station. She is so very open on her blog. You can read about her scare at her blog, True Moments of Family.


I have had a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that one minute everything can be fine and the next minute, BOOM, everything is far from fine. It is yet a reminder to me that we are not in control and that is so hard to remember especially for me since I generally like to think that I am in control. Thank God that Andrea and her friends will be okay. Prayers are with everyone involved, especially the families that lost loved ones.

No wonder I am just recovering from a major migraine. Lack of sleep and too much thinking. I've had migraines with auras before but did you know that sometimes an aura is not visual? (just researched them online) This afternoon I had tingly, numb hands and was so extremely cold! I kinda thought I was having a heart attack of course because then I got nervous and short of breath. I tried to rest and when I finally got into bed, the headache came. Tonight is Family Night at Matt's school so he and Kevin and Kamryn went. Ah, a little peace until they return home. Gotta go enjoy it!

1 comment:

2 China 4 Addison said...

Thanks for the blog links. And I hope you are feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything....
Love Becki