Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Olympic Festivities
















It was fun to watch the amazing Olympic opening ceremonies Friday night. It was fun to watch the Travel Channel last week since they were airing shows on China. (I especially loved Samantha Brown's Passport to China when she was touring Beijing. It was cool to say, "We were there!" while watching it.) But nothing was as fun as our pre-Olympic party last weekend with our bigger FCC playgroup.

Our playgroup leader Kerry had thought of all the small details to make it a memorable day for everyone. The decorations made us feel like we were really at the Olympics.











Kerry took some time to explain the mascots to the kids. The five mascots each have a name. If you take the first part of each of their names, it says in Chinese, "Beijing welcomes you." Bei jing huan ying ni. Pretty cool!












The games and relays were fun for all the kids! Even for my boys, Kevin included!
























This game was so funny to watch. The kids, with help from their friends, had to put all this dress up stuff on, carry the suitcase to the next station and take off all the dress up stuff, put it back in the suitcase, then roll it to the next person and help them get dressed! (I don't know if I even have that right, but everyone loved it!)



















The medals were a big hit with the little athletes.












The crafts were Olympic style.



















The cooling station was not only a great way to cool off but a fun activity too. There were surprises frozen into the ice cubes!

























My mom and Aunt B joined us for the fun day, and I'm glad that they came! We loved spending the day with friends and family.
















Kerry gets the gold medal for organizing such a fun event! Thanks Kerry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we could join you at the Olympics. All the little ones (and the adults too) had so much fun. The weather was perfect and the park was beautiful. Thanks to Kerry for all of her work! Looking forward to next year.
Mom

2 China 4 Addison said...

Wow, looks like a great day!! Kamryn looks so cute in her red dress, too!
Becki

Kerry said...

You are too sweet, Julie. Thank you for your kind words. I can't tell you how it warms my heart to see our kids together. I know how important it is for them and take such pleasure in making sure we all get together and the kids have a fun time doing so.
It really is my pleasure. I love our kids so. And I always have lots of help.
Hugs and thank you for your post.
Kerry