Friday, August 29, 2008

Wii Fit . . . or are we?
















As a back to school "gift" to the boys, I bought the game Wii Fit. I had heard that it is really good, has yoga on it and stuff I would like too, so I guess it was really a gift for all of us. Anyone who has the Wii game system knows that you can create a "me" or "mii" character which represents you in all of the games. In the past, the boys have had fun creating their "me's" and also some other funny characters. We all created our own game person when we first got the game system. You can choose the hair color, hair length, shape of your face, shape of your body, height, almost everything . . .

When you first start the Wii Fit game, it weighs you and tells you your BMI so that you can create a fitness goal and work with your "trainer" in the game to achieve it. Matt was the first one to get on it and he is within a normal weight range. Kamryn got on it, and she actually turned out to be underweight. She was told to gain weight. (I wish I had that problem!) The funny thing was that it automatically made her "me" person skinnier and really sickly looking lean. When we created her person, we made her look "average" I guess. There is no lying with this game! When I finally got brave enough to take the fitness test, it actually (sad to admit) made my "me" person heavier and shorter I think! So much for having fun trying to create the perfect me on this game system! Can't a girl dream? I was still rejoicing though because the number was right where I thought it would be and actually not higher. (whew!) If only I could grow taller.

The exercises on the Wii Fit are harder than you think! I tried the skiing activity, and I really had to move my hips. The hula hooping wasn't easy either. I haven't tried the yoga yet. In all honesty, I haven't taken the time to get back to the Wii Fit. My game trainer is going to be upset with me. It tracks the last time you logged on to play. Oops. At least school is back in session, so now I need to get back to Cardinal Fitness for some good old fashioned workouts!

No comments: