Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Halloween Recap
















Thanks for the pumpkin cookies Grandma from two of your pumkins! Well Matt too, but he is avoiding the camera lately.


Lucky for us, the weather on Halloween was just wonderful for being outside. Kamryn and I started off our morning at Barnes and Noble for playgroup. We heard spooky stories and then went trick-or-treating throughout the store. It was fun to see Rowan and Abby. Kamryn enjoyed being the "oldest" and took care of her younger friends well. When the lady was passing out treats and Halloween bags, Kamryn made sure that her friends were taken care of.





















Kamryn and I went to Brendan's school parade that afternoon and happily waved to him as he passed us by. Brendan couldn't wear his scary costume to school so he chose just a skeleton for the parade. This is what he chose to wear trick or treating though. (he's never even seen the movie but liked the Freddie Kruger mask. yuck!)




















Matt stayed in this year. I guess 13 year olds are not into trick or treating anymore. Candy yes, but not going door to door for it.

It's become a tradition for me to make chili on Halloween so Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt B came over for dinner and helped hand out candy while I went out with my little cheerleader. Kamryn enjoyed herself the whole evening. Even after we came in, she loved running to the door to see the kids in costumes. Funny thing was that a group of 8th grade girls saw her and said, "hey, this is Kamryn from the picnic. Hi Kamryn." Then one girl reminded me that she is the one who gave me her phone number at the picnic because she would love to babysit Kamryn. I may just have to take her up on it sometime.
















The funniest thing to hear was Kamryn saying that her pumpkin bucket was "so heavy" from all the candy she collected. She was one tired little girl that evening.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for meeting us Julie. It was so nice to see Rowan loving sitting by Kamryn so much. I love her haircut. Can't wait to see it down in person.

Sue said...

Fun times!!! Was Kami afraid of the scary mask at all?

Is her pumpkin basket still heavy or has she been eating her way through it?!!

Julie said...

Sue,

Her candy basket is not so heavy anymore . . . mom has been tapping into it when she's not looking. Oh no. Better get a few more workouts in this week!

She was afraid of the mask but after we explained it was Brendan, she was better about it.

Kristen said...

The kids' costumes look great, and it sounds like they had a great Halloween. Sorry we missed you guys at Barnes & Noble--I think we both go thru withdrawal when we don't see our playgroup friends in a while!

The Montieth Family said...

Julie-

Looks like Kamryn had a good time trick or treating...I laughed (sorry) about the Halloween party at her school...I went to Emma's too and ours was a disaster! ;)

Oh my goodness, those tattoos are a pain in the you know what to get off! Normally I don't have a problem but it took 2 days to get Emma's off and I was afraid that I was going to take off her skin too! Ours fianlly came off with rubbing alcohol...but, I soaked it on her cheek with a cotton pad for a minute or so first.

Keep In Touch and I LOVE your blog!