Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Kamryn's School Party



















Last Thursday was Kamryn's preschool parade and party. I volunteered to help out at the party thinking it would be fun to see Kamryn interact with her classmates. Well the day didn't go exactly as I planned.

Grandma was nice enough to come with us that morning. I thought Kamryn would love having us both there. She did love having us there but a little too much. She got extremely clingy as soon as we walked into the classroom. We had to force her to stand with her classmates for a group picture.

Then it was time for the parents to leave and go into another room where the children would be parading through. Kamryn was starting to lose it. The classes were gathered together waiting for their turn to parade and the teacher brought Kamryn to me saying that she couldn't handle her and the rest of the class. So at that point Kamryn started crying hysterically. I don't know if she was mad at me for leaving the classroom or just got so freaked at the chaos of the moment. She really wanted to go sit by her friend Lilly but that was against the rules since Lilly is in a different class. Kamryn never did participate in the parade. It took her a good 15 minutes or more to calm down so she could then participate in the party.

Lilly didn't know what to think about her crazy friend!




















So much for me volunteering anytime soon. I think Kamryn does much better with a set routine. When I drive up and the ladies come to the car, she does just fine. This just threw her all off.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh- so sorry that Kamryn didn't enjoy her special day at school and your visit. Little changes are hard- I think they just get mixed emotions.

Must have been really hard for you too. Hugs.

Sue said...

So sorry she had such a difficult time with the parade. Sounds like it was a stressful time for the teacher and confusing for Kami. It must have been hard to want to sit with your friend and be told you can't!!

Chrissie said...

Yeah, sometimes kids just don't cooperate how WE want them to, right?

So on a brighter note, I wanted to share some exciting news ... stop on over to China, Baby! Its a blog I stop in and check out -- she does awesome blog makeovers, too. Here's the link:

http://www.ourfamilyjournal.com/

Tee hee. I nominated YOU - yes, YOU - for a blog makeover. You can scroll through the comments to see what I wrote :-) Here's hoping you win (assuming, that is, that you aren't completely in love with the blogger template you have now!) I figured you'd be pretty open to the nomination...

Anonymous said...

Kamryn didn't enjoy the party, but she still was as cute as could be. Such a cute little Pom-Pom girl. She also recited the pledge with her class. We're all so proud of her. I'm sure I didn't know the pledge at 3 1/2.
Love, Grandma